Flight from Islamabad to Skardu is considered as one of the most exciting air journeys in the world.
Located in the North west of Pakistan is a beautiful valley in the Hindukush range of Mountains.It has always been a very important route for many invaders to south east Asia, Including Alexander the great Scythians, Mangol Changez Khan and numerous others.
Gasherbrum - IV, Karakoram Range, Baltistan, Pakistan
Shangrila Resort at Skardu, Pakistan
- Pakistan is home to 108 peaks above 7,000 metres.
- Pakistan is home to as many peaks above 6,000 metres.
- There is no count of the peaks above 5,000 and 4,000m.
- Five of the 14 highest independent peaks in the world (the eight-thousanders) are in Pakistan (four of which lie in the surroundings of Concordia; the confluence of Baltoro Glacier and Godwin Austen Glacier).
- Most of the highest peaks in Pakistan lie in Karakoram range (which lies almost entirely in the Gilgit-Baltistan region of Pakistan, and is considered to a part of the greater Himalayan range) but some peaks above 7,000m are included in the Himalayan and Hindu Kush ranges.
K2 - Pakistan
via : notyouraveragepakiboy
Northern Pakistan SWAG.
Deosai Plaines, north-eastern Pakistan.
At 14,000 ft above sea level, Deosai is the second highest plateau in the world after Tibet.
At a relatively advanced age, he defied various hardships of mountain-climbing: the rough terrain, adversities of the harsh climate and a deteriorating oxygen supply, to conquer Mount Everest. Hassan Sadpara overcame all these obstacles on his life-endangering mission, claiming that it was only love of the country that saw him make it to the top.
The Skardu climber, who is in his 40s, reached the summit of the world’s tallest mountain on May 12 becoming the second Pakistani after the legendary mountaineer Nazir Sabir to hoist the national flag on the 29,028ft peak.