The Northern areas will be renamed to ‘Gilgit Baltistan’ and will have a province like status, Prime Minister Gilani announced on Saturday.
Our note: Congratulations to the Pakistani public and especially wonderful people of Gilgit and Baltistan. Finally after years of being loyal to Pakistan they have been given what they deserved. More information on the now Gilgit-Baltistan.
What is America up to? This is the question on everyone’s mind these days. A piece of ‘news’ made its way from email lists to the mainstream media last week. Blackwater, the dreaded security contractors who have wreaked havoc in Iraq, has a presence in Pakistan, and an NGO in Peshawar is a front for their mercenary operations in the Northern Areas and tribal belt.
Pakistan and China on Saturday signed a memorandum of understanding for construction of Bunji dam in Northern Areas.
The agreement was signed on behalf of Pakistan’s ministry of water and power and China’s Three Gorges Project Corporation by the Chairman, Board of Investment, Saleem Mandviwala, and Li Yang’an. The ceremony was attended by President Asif Zardari.
Once approved the submission will be displayed here on "What No One Told You About Pakistan". We also welcome permanent members, and to be that just be active submitter for a while and we will try to get in touch with you ourselves.
That said, what we welcome you to share?
1. Achievements by Pakistanis anywhere in the World.
2. Historically significant news about Pakistan.
3. Socially significant news or views about Pakistan.
4. Significant news or achievement in Art, Sports, Culture, Education, etc..
5. Role of women in Pakistan or of Pakistani women around the world.
6. Anything else which can highlight what is often hidden intentionally or unintentionally about Pakistan.
Pakistan has apparently set a record for tree plantings, with volunteers planting about 1,800 mangroves each in a day in mud and temperatures of up to 37 Celsius, according to the WWF International conservation group.